In 1951 the Fleiszig and the Stern Families established Cambridge Poultry Distributors in South Yarra. Twenty years later the poultry processing plant moved to North Laverton. At that time, the North Laverton area was at the hub of the meat industry.
The founding families established Oxford Cold Storage in 1975 to serve the neighbouring meat producers.
The first freezer was erected adjacent to the poultry processing plant. Over the years the business has evolved by offering services to processed food manufactures, food importers & exporters and pharmaceutical companies. Management has developed systems and invested heavily in technology in order to provide the best service possible.
Oxford Cold Storage is still a family owned and operated company. At present there are three generations of the family actively involved in the management of the business.